For more than 50 years, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our extensive experience in designing, developing and manufacturing packaging and display solutions guarantees that our customers have access to the resources and expertise necessary to develop packaging that performs.
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced manufacturing environment and have a desire to grow within the organization? This newly created role would require the ideal candidate to be highly motivated to help our company fulfill its larger missions. You must possess strong communication and leadership skills as well as the ability to resolve workplace issues effectively. We are looking for an individual who would be excited about guiding, training and supporting the team members. You should be a natural leader who focuses on inspiring employees to own their work and deliver better results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Work closely with Assembly Superintendent and Distribution Manager to provide day to day work direction with job orders to employees, and helps assign duties.
- Set performance goals and project deadlines that align with the company’s larger plans.
- Assist plant supervisor with delegating work to employees, tracking progress and providing constructive feedback throughout projects.
- Responsible for assisting with holiday season gifting program at 2nd assembly facility.
- Step in to managerial and job duty roles if Assembly, Distribution and Plant managers are unavailable.
- Assists with coordinating assembly activities to ensure on time delivery and cost effective production, along with maintaining the quality of products meets customers’ standards and specifications.
- Address problems with work quality, issues between employees and projects in an effective and timely manner.
- Serve as a link between subordinates and upper management.
- Confers with other Supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Will assist in employee development and coaching as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- College degree plus 2 – 3 years’ supervisory experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with customers, and the ability to convey a positive and professional image of service and support to employees at all levels of responsibility in the Company.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills required particularly in oral format.
- Ability to lead and develop employees.
- Ability to delegate responsibility when appropriate.
- Ability to read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, manuals and order specifications.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, clients, customers, and employees.
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefit package including: health and dental insurance, profit sharing, 401(K), paid holidays, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance and more.
If you fit this profile and are ready to take the next steps in a successful and rewarding career with a stable company, apply today!