Are you looking for a summer job with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
Responsible for set-up and operation of bandsaw, laminator, sheet gluer, up and down, and all floor operations requiring handwork. Provides assistance on taper, stitcher, slitter, baler, bander, bandsaw, and whenever and wherever work load requires to aid in the profitable flow of customer product from production through delivery while maintaining customer specifications and GNC quality and efficiency standards by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Operates bandsaw, laminator, sheet gluer, and up and down.
- Studies, evaluates and organizes daily work list received from specialty & finishing supervisor to determine maximum efficiency in order of runs.
- Enters set-up code, run code and related comments into work station computer.
- Sets up and adjusts machine to accurately cut, glue, slot, bundle and unitize corrugated sheets.
- Runs machine to produce product to proper GNC and customer specifications.
- Inputs total piece, finished product, unit and scrap counts into work station computer.
- Directs and works along with assistant to complete set-up procedure and production run in the most efficient time and manner for each order on equipment assigned to operate.
- Performs assistant operator duties on taper, stitcher, and slitter.
- Provides assistance throughout the production area.
- Performs clean up activities in production and on the grounds as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Follows all quality set-up, run and check out procedures for accuracy and quality.