Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; long and short term disability; paid time off; holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Insures smooth operation of baler, disposes of all waste generated in manufacturing by sorting scrap boxes, shredding unusable sheets and salvaging sheets suitable for cap sheets; assists in overall housekeeping throughout the plant; assists bander operator to insure smooth operation of all conveyors, servicing taper, stitcher and jumbo, including transporting finished product to the bander main line; removes all refuse at all machines and operation locations throughout the building.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Ties and removes all bales from baler.
- Maintains empty scrap boxes at all machine locations, shredding unusable waste and salvaging all suitable materials for cap sheets.
- Assists in overall housekeeping, picking up large scrap and mopping and sweeping as needed.
- Operates shredder as needed to insure disposal of all unusable scrap.
- Transports manufacturing materials to taper, stitcher, take-off line and central banding as directed by bander operator.
- Distributes usable cap sheets and tie-ins to all work centers, bandsawing and slitting as needed.
- Informs supervisor of any unitizing material shortages.
- Empties garbage cans at all machine and operation centers daily.
- Ability to identify, verify and match color for quality checks on printed packaging when assisting at machine centers.
- Follows all quality procedures for accuracy and quality.
- Regular and reliable attendance.