Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Great Northern is hiring a Point of Purchase Display Structural Designer! This position is responsible for providing development of display design concepts to assigned accounts, markets and/or projects. Fabricate final samples of design concepts for approval and write specifications for cost estimates and production. Act as a resource to sales and other internal teams to enhance the ability of the company to present the concepts to the market.
- Minimum of two years vocational/trade school CAD system design certificate or CAD design experience. 4 year degree in Package Engineering or Industrial Design is preferred.
- 4-7+ years of experience in Point Of Purchase Display Experience with an emphasis in manufacturing operations and CAD system design or equivalent.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, influence and implement change.
- ArtiosCAD Experience.
- Previous corrugated manufacturing experience.
- A demonstrated understanding of algebraic and geometric concepts.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to interpret drawings (customer specifications) and the ability to understand a variety of basic corrugated designs.
- Exposure to a Sales, Manufacturing/machine routing distribution center.
- Strong creative sense, ability to navigate in 3D dimensions/understanding of spatial relations.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Creates new display design concepts by using CAD system to develop designs that meet customers’ needs and expectations in a creative, timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinates design concepts and fabricates samples of display design concepts on time.
- Responsible for the design deliverables on multiple projects at one time.
- Establishes and maintains vendor relations to obtain support materials for design projects. Looks to identify vendors and processes to improve our design products and outputs.
- Seeks additional information on key markets to present new and innovative designs and solutions to assigned clients.
- Documents accurate and detailed specifications on completed design projects for Estimating and Production.
- Understands variables related to production costs and estimating procedures.
- Develops fabrication assembly drawings of specific designs as requested.
Compensation will be based on experience. We offer an excellent benefit package: Health and dental insurance, profit sharing, 401(K), paid holidays, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance and more.
If you fit this profile and are ready to take the next step in a successful and rewarding career with a stable company, apply today!