Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
Produces graphic designs to fulfill customer requirements on graphic projects; provides a high level of self directed leadership and strength in creative contribution. Develops finished art based on customer requirements, manufacturing capabilities, and material constraints. Works with sales, customers, graphic design manager to solve display and packaging problems presented by customers. Works with graphic design manager, and VP of Sales Development to develop sales tools, flyers, advertisements, etc. Services design requests in accordance with GNC service, quality, and efficiency standards by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Design customer artwork based on requests from customers, sales, graphic design manager, and VP of Sales Development through the use of computer programs.
- Maintains a high level of customer interaction. Working to aid our sales force and the customer in understanding their end goal and providing solutions.
- Is self-directed and strives for the highest levels of creativity and leadership among their peers as well as Graphic Designers of a lower rank.
- Develops presentation sketches for customer presentations via computer and freehand, requiring an advanced level of 3D rendering skills.
- Maintain a continuous improvement environment, seeking course work, seminars and other training to bring industry state-of-the-art techniques and technologies to the forefront of daily work, including making recommendations for other staff in the Graphic department.
- Oversee daily work execution and be responsible for complete, correct and on-time execution of work by self and more junior graphic designers.
- Balances their own workload, contacting the Graphic Design Manager and Account Manager when necessary to ensure projects are done in a timely fashion and take on special assignments to aid the department or special customer specific assignments.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions both in-house and with customers.
- Develops customer prototypes by printing, pasting, cutting, and assembling samples as required for customer presentations.
- Prepares technical illustrations for use in set-up instructions for display orders.
- Evaluates, through pre-flight processes, all incoming customer artwork for production effectiveness.
- Handles graphic department network responsibilities with the IS department and outside contractors to assure our computer systems are effective and operational at all times.
- Plan and execute regular store audits to evaluate competitive benchmarks as well as establish design directions for new and/or existing customers on at least a bi-monthly basis if not monthly.
- Lead presentations in design, creativity and design techniques for other design staff (including but not limited to structural designers) as well as other non-design staff at the company.
- Mentors more junior Graphic Designers and interns to aid in their growth as designers.
- Steps in for the Graphic Design Manager when needed (i.e. vacations or during times of meeting conflicts).
- Collaborate with the Swedesboro graphic design team on projects that require additional creativity for either party, and/or to assist with workload demands. It is imperative that as a team we remain inclusive versus exclusive.
- Regular and reliable attendance to include working the necessary hours to provide the highest level of work quality as well as volume of deliverables to exceed customer lead time expectations.
- Represent the company with professionalism and creativity.