Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Great Northern’s Oshkosh facility, known as STRATAGRAPH, produces innovative consumer packaging products which combine the best in packaging performance with the best in printing performance. Supported by state-of-the-art technology and equipment our people provide consumer product companies with a new, sustainable, cost-effective alternative packaging and protect their products in the retail environment. Our advanced web-based manufacturing technology streamlines printing, laminating and die cutting.
Learn more about the advantages of living and working in Northeast Wisconsin: ‘North of What You Expect’
This Production Supervisor position leads a manufacturing shift or shifts ensuring our product is manufactured as requested by the customer. Basic responsibilities include: training, safety, quality, production, training, efficiency and problem solving.
- Supervises the employees, machinery or equipment, work methods, raw materials and work environment. Investigates and takes prompt action when problems related to safety, product quality, equipment failure or material waste and scrap disrupt efficiency. Keeps the Production Manager informed of such incidents and executes corrective actions to prevent similar problems from happening in the future.
- Facilitates a positive teamwork based atmosphere with high expectations for safety, quality, productivity, waste.
- Provides semi-annual performance reviews with employees and makes recommendations for wage modifications.
- Conducts recognition, discipline, explanation and enforcement of rules, and new worker orientation.
- Reviews daily work load to determine manpower requirements, coordinating job assignments. Coordinates staffing with scheduler and production manager to meet daily business needs.
- Analyzes daily production, taking immediate action to improve substandard performance.
- Monitors all aspects of product quality, incorporating set-up and run procedures on all operations and performing ongoing quality spot checks. Coaches team members to solve quality problems.
- Informs material handlers of changes in machine operation schedule in a timely manner.
- Investigates production reporting errors, determines causes and pursues corrections.
- Insures facility and equipment are kept in good, neat and clean condition by conscientiously following all company housekeeping and maintenance programs, using initiative to take appropriate additional action. Oversees WIP to ensure product flow and organization.
- Informs maintenance department immediately by the most appropriate method of all mechanical or electrical problems, aggressively following up to insure problems are resolved quickly and properly.
- Supervises and actively assists in training and retraining employees, persisting until he/she is satisfied with employees’ competence. Counsels employees regarding job performance, promptly recommending transfer or termination if he/she believes employee is incapable of learning to properly perform the job.
- Participates in the safety program by serving as an active member of the safety committee and by constantly taking the initiative to require and demand immediate compliance with all safety rules, regulations and policies. Continuously monitors work area for unanticipated hazards and deals with them appropriately. Understands that he/she has the authority and responsibility to immediately suspend any activity he/she feels constitutes a serious safety hazard.
- Monitors the overall work process (workers, machinery or equipment, methods, raw materials, environment) to insure production run times are less than or equal to established standards, investigating to determine the cause of substandard performance and taking action to prevent recurrence of the problem. Jobs exceeding time standards should be investigated and coached.
- Checks needed materials and supplies and orders as needed, or notifies person responsible for ordering.
- Other duties as assigned.
HOURS & REQUIREMENTS:
Successful candidates need to have a minimum of three years experience as a production supervisor and must be able to work on 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift to support business needs. Candidates need to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, display a positive attitude, have a strong work ethic and demonstrate effective leadership. Working knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques will give the candidate a competitive edge. Experience in the paper converting industry preferred.
In addition to excellent wages the company has a competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision and life insurance; long and short time disability, paid time off, paid holidays, profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. StrataGraph offers our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment with room for growth!
StrataGraph is an Equal Opportunity Employer