Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Laminations, a division of Great Northern Corporation and leading producer of edge protective packaging is welcoming candidates for full-time production positions at our Fontana, CA facility.
In addition to excellent hourly rates the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance; sickness and accident benefits; vacations; holidays; shift differential; pension plan and, 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Accumulate, count & pack goods produced on the VBoard (paper laminated together in stick form and used as protective packaging for products during shipping) machine. Inspect all goods as they come off the line for proper lamination, pieces sticking together, correct length and general appearance of printing. Prepare all rolls to be brought into the machine with minimum amount of waste. Plugging or de-coring rolls as needed. Cut or slab down rolls in an efficient manner to minimize waste. Help to produce the finest quality product at rates and standards consistent with the Company’s desire to be a Preferred Supplier of cost effective, top quality products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Communicate any quality problems to the Crew Leader in a timely fashion.
- Maintain an accurate count of all pieces packed on pallets. Communicate any count deviation from the standard VBoard packaging schedule to the VB Operator.
- Place the correct shipping label onto pallet.
- Be conscious of the general appearance of pallets being packed.
- Separate all waste and dispose of properly.
- Adjust output slides.
- Follow all Safe Roll Handling procedures; tend up to 16 paper rolls at one time.
- Make roll splices in an efficient manner as required.
- Be in constant communication with Crew Leader.
- Cut & store wooden cores and wedges as needed. Keep extra plugs and accessories in order in the assigned area.
- Minimize down time during changeovers.
- Maintain VBoard caliper within specified Company tolerances.
- Move all finished stock from machines to the designated areas.
- Make up packaging materials for machines and ensure quality construction.
- Apply strapping, corner posts, stretch wrap, and labels in a consistent location before moving products to the shipping area.
- Operate forklift, stretch wrapper, hoist, screw gun and bander as needed.
- Use specified Company #’s, Customer #’s, and packing material as required.
- Assist operator as needed.
- All other reasonable duties as required.
- Must have punctual and regular attendance.
- Assist in all phases of machine and department operation as needed for breaks, changes, or special projects.
- Keep up to date with any ongoing machine improvements.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Foster an attitude of lean thinking, sustain improvements and follow lean initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Qualified candidates must hold a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be available and willing to work shifts of 6am-2:30pm, 2pm-11:30pm or 11pm-7:30am until placed on permanent shift schedule.
- Must be able to learn pack, rack and service positions and give basic duties of the job.
- Must possess the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
WORK RELATIONSHIP AND SCOPE:
- Work closely and be in constant communication with Crew leader for direction on daily work schedule and up-coming order changes.
- Have a basic understanding of other positions within the company to maintain team efficiency.
- Ensure all safety guidelines are followed. Report any unsafe conditions, incidents, injuries to supervision immediately.
- Ensure good communication between shifts.