The Planner/Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for procuring raw material for all corrugated orders running through our manufacturing facility. The Planner will prioritize and procure from the “best” source based on availability, timeliness and cost, factoring in GNC owned sites and allocation dollars. The Planner/Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for managing orders through production to ensure manufacturing is running in the most efficient manner based on due dates. Will work closely with the Customer Service team to ensure orders are followed through to shipping and or co-packing facilities to ensure we are adhering to customer timelines as committed to. Additionally this position will work closely with the Purchasing Manager to assist in sourcing and procurement of non-corrugated components. The Planner/Supply Chain Coordinator will act as the Purchasing Manager back up and the Purchasing Manager will act as the Planner/Supply Chain Coordinator back up as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
Planner/Supply Chain Coordinator:
- Review orders daily as they are entered into the GNC operating system, assess and determine best corrugator fit from an availability and most cost efficient perspective.
- Order corrugated sheets through sheet manager and off line as applicable dependent on corrugator.
- Review machine schedules daily – work with production daily to identify potential late orders, investigate reasons and take action(s) to course correct to ensure on-time delivery expectations are met.
- Receive/review Instore order details on orders being processed – follow up daily to ensure on schedule, if not investigate cause and course correct as applicable.
- Review and access specific tasks assigned to you through our workflow system.
- Acquire an astute understanding of Great Northern global manufacturing capabilities.
- Work with Purchasing Manager in the procurement of non-corrugated components.
- Responsible for understanding our ISO processes and procedures pertaining to your specific job requirements.
- Housecleaning: keeping your area clean relates directly to a safe working environment.
- Must maintain frequent contact with those within the company:
- Customer Service
- Quality ControlRequires no more than 5% of travel time.
- Willing to offer assistance to whomever and wherever needed to fulfill demands of the department.
- Participates in group meetings, lean activities and other functions to improve the overall performance of GNC.
- Remains current on changes in policies, procedures, and product information.
- Attend regular training sessions, offsite course/seminars or vendor sessions to gain a deeper understanding of the various coordinated processes that provide customers with unique service and product offerings. Enhances job growth through continuing education, as necessary.
- Knows, understands, and follows Company policies and procedures.
- Promotes a positive environment, supporting the GNC teamwork concept.
- Assists manager with special projects as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
WORK RELATIONSHIP AND SCOPE
The Planner/Supply Chain Coordinator reports directly to the Customer Service Manager. Works closely with Purchasing, Customer Service, Design, CSC team, Graphics, Accounting, Production, Shipping, external vendors, outside GNC Design locations and Sales. Maintains contact with vendors and customers on a frequent basis.
MEASURE OF PERFORMANCE
Fulfillment of all job responsibilities successfully by being able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Meeting all customer and GNC specifications for quality, accuracy and efficiency. Compliance with all office and plant safety rules, general rules and procedures. Effectiveness of communication and development of good working relationships with other employees. Accurate and timely reports. Soundness of decisions made regarding personnel, machinery and equipment, work methods and safety. Integrity of confidential employment and business information. Ability to analyze and solve problems. Honesty, fairness, flexibility, and tact. Possession of the trust and respect of employees, co-workers and management. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Prefer a four year college degree or a minimum of four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must also have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feet, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.