Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; long and short term disability; paid time off; holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Loads, unloads and moves materials within or near plant, yard or warehouse by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Operates industrial fork lift truck to load and unload materials and product to/from trucks and
trailers, checking for proper material, count and quality.
- Utilizes the production schedule on forklift computer and/or the shipping Pick List and follows oral instructions to ascertain which orders will be staged, loaded, unloaded or warehoused.
- Loads product for customer pickup and prepares common carrier and UPS, SPEE DEE Fed Ex deliveries for shipment.
- Loads materials into trailers properly to prevent shifting or damage in transit, installing stabilizer bars as
- Rebuilds units, replaces broken banding and generally improves damaged units to meet shipping
requirements and GNC quality guidelines.
- Checks in raw materials received, visually checking for damage or other problems, re-tags units with the
proper Load Tag as needed and stages in designated area.
- Checks in finished product from vendors, using the check out sheet for that order, re-tags unit with the proper bar code tag and stages in designated area.
- Stacks and rearranges product to make the best use of available space.
- Checks finished units coming down the auto bander line for neatness, uniformity, load tags and proper
- Notifies production supervisors and production material handlers of the arrival of outstanding orders.
- Notifies production scheduler of any order discrepancies
- Keeps raw material and finished product storage areas and aisles neat, clean and orderly.
- Informs supervisors and production scheduler when trucks have arrived and what product is needed for production and shipping.
- Uses production run schedule on forklift computer to stage raw material in production area for next day run.
- Keeps machine lines stocked with raw materials following production run schedule.
- Uses Bills of Lading to enter product received into Order Manager and scans the orders to the bay location.
- Follows all quality procedures for accuracy and quality.
- Checks forklift fluid levels and safety devices daily and keeps forklift clean and blown down of dust accumulation.
- Changes LP tanks safely, following written guidelines.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- 3 years of forklift experience both sit down and stand up