Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Great Northern’s Oshkosh facility, known as STRATAGRAPH, produces innovative consumer packaging products which combine the best in packaging performance with the best in printing performance. Supported by state-of-the-art technology and equipment our people provide consumer product companies with a new, sustainable, cost-effective alternative to market and protect their products in the retail environment. Our advanced web-based manufacturing technology streamlines printing, laminating and die cutting.
Learn more about the advantages of living and working in Northeast Wisconsin: ‘North of What You Expect’
Under general direction, perform freight-checking, spot trucks, load and unload rolls, finished product pallets and all other materials. After review of production schedules, will stage raw materials to production work centers with required rolls, corrugated cases, etc. Will operate roll clamp trucks and forklifts safely to perform shipping and receiving functions, finished goods storage, the staging of the production equipment and overall raw material flow. Will ensure that product shipped and received is verified against pertinent documentation such as bills of lading, purchase orders and invoices. Will maintain the dock and entire facility to remain clean and orderly.
- Recommends and assists in implementing improvements to all operating procedures. Strives for continuous improvement at StrataGraph
- Drives roll clamp and.or forklift to safely transport materials received or shipped by StrataGraph
- Understands how to use computer system and the forklift scanning devices (guns), which enter and release finished goods from bin locations and also stage freight
- Receive against purchase orders within the computer system, with focus upon confirmation of MSDS Sheet(s) required for all Hazardous Materials incoming.
- Has the knowledge and skill to author and print accurate Bills of Lading correctly representing StrataGraph freight
- Be capable of assisting the front office staff with “emergency” expedited shipment scenarios that develop after the Traffic Supervisor or Warehouse Coordinator has departed the building. Know how to communicate with and select a freight company for such an expedited shipment. Know the telephone numbers to call in order to communicate with outside warehouse (non Great Northern staff) to ultimately confirm availability of and next, “pull” requested finished goods from the appropriate warehouse. Author the appropriate paperwork to track such shipments and provide on-time shipment to customer per the instructions from our customer and CSR. Report such expedited shipments to Traffic Supervisor.
- Can perform physical inventory confirmation using computer reports generated by StrataGraph system
- Assist with down piling and labeling of outers on the Folder Gluers
- Deliver supplies and raw materials to all work centers on the production floor
- Maintains proper logs and inventories specific to Finished Goods by correct and consistent use of scanning bar code equipment on forklifts and other equipment
- Share information from shift-to-shift
- Reads and understands Job Tickets, Roll Stock Reports, Finished Goods Reports, Raw Material Reports, Purchase Orders, etc.. within StrataGraph’s software system
- Verifies content and accurate count of material received against original orders
- Operates equipment such as Forklifts and Roll Clamps; ensures that equipment is in safe working order; and oversees equipment preventative maintenance programs and daily inspections of said equipment as required by OSHA
- Oversee inventory of Propane tanks use on S/R equipment
- Manage Baler waste and baler room, kill rolls, gaylords and trailer load-out waste
- Manage pallet wrapper and poly-wrap stock for wrapper. Wrap Finished Goods pallets delivered from production area and route pallets to correct staging per delivery destination and/or outside warehouses. Critical to confirm routing with zero errors.
- Confirms final truck shipments are staffed and baler room is maintained with an open delivery ramp ready to accept new bales
- Promotes safety throughout the organization
- Brings forward any unresolved issues in a professional manner
Other duties, as assigned
High school equivalency with 3-5 years experience in a Shipping/Receiving dock environment along with Fork Lift or Roll Clamp experience.
3rd Shift: Sunday-Thursday 10:00pm-6:00am with frequent opportunities for overtime. Saturday rotating schedule
In addition to excellent wages, the company has a competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision and life insurance; long and short timer disability, paid time off, paid holidays, profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. StrataGraph offers our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment with room for growth!