Responsible for mechanical repairs, maintenance and preventative maintenance to all production and facility equipment in addition to installation of said equipment in the plant, warehouse, and office areas by performing the following duties. Basic electrical experience is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Performs predictive and preventative repairs of all equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Adheres and actively participates in lock out/tag out practices and procedures. Keeps all documentation up to date of lock out/tag out and works with Safety Director to maintain safe practices.
- Assists Plant Manager, supervisors and maintenance staff with the operation of the predictive and preventative maintenance program.
- Inspects and insures that all operating machines and equipment conform to electrical and mechanical operational quality standards.
- Assists with the implementation of new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and effect greater utilization of equipment, labor and materials.
- Requisitions tools, electrical test equipment and maintenance supplies required for plant operation.
- Keeps an up-to-date inventory and file of all machine parts and maintenance supplies.
- Confers with plant manager, production manager, supervisors and other appropriate personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommends measures to improve operations and conditions of machines, equipment and processes.
- Keeps maintenance area neat, clean and orderly; cleans up after completing maintenance work throughout the plant.
- Monitors building and exterior grounds to keep all areas clean and neat.
- Records and files complete machine histories relating to maintenance problems and cures, trouble shooting methods, services required, spare parts and parts vendors.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Knows, understands and follows all plant safety rules, general rules and procedures.
- Remains current on changes in policies, procedures and product information, attending authorized training programs and seminars.
- Be available for monthly safety meetings, on-call and overtime work.
- Hand tools
- Maintenance equipment
- Electrical test equipment
CRITICAL JOB DEMANDS
- Continuous walking
- Frequent standing, bending, trunk rotation
- Frequent push/pull up to 50#
- Occasional overhead and forward reach, squatting, kneeling, sitting
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50#
- Occasional ladder climbing
- Constant grip strength and hand coordination to perform job functions
- Occasional use of company maintenance vehicle (if applicable for location)
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Steel toe shoes
- Protective eye wear
- Protective gloves, vests and clothing as required for job
- Welding helmet (if required to weld)
- Ear Plugs (if applicable)
- Other requirements as required by site
HAZARDS EXPOSED TO
- Potential for slips and falls
- Potential for cuts from boards and knives
- Oil, grease, WD40, various solvents, ink
- Pinch points
- Electrical power, heat