We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages the company, we also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly, team environment!
Performs various administrative tasks, and demonstrates effective customer-service-oriented performance by courteously, efficiently, and professionally performing assigned job functions. Performs all duties in accordance with GNC service, quality and efficiency standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Performs various administrative tasks. Including but not limited to typing and distributing letters, memos, reports, and other correspondences, filing, data entry, distribution of mail, ordering promotional items, and shipping out corrugated samples and /or sales material to customers.
- Answers the telephone by the second ring and directs calls promptly to the appropriate individual or department.
- Greets and assists visitors, vendors, and walk-in customers, ensuring they receive prompt assistance.
- Must approach every aspect of the job with a positive and cheerful attitude and in a professional manner.
- Types and distributes the The Daily News and updates Strandvision accordingly and by request.
- Sorts and posts outgoing mail by 2:00 p.m. each day.
- Assists the Accounting Department with the following:
- Assists in the processing of invoices for 3M through the ESupplier & Iforms systems. Tracks discrepancies and coordinates with Account Coordinators to resolve.
- “Deposits” cash payments to Wells Fargo cash receipts interface (via a process established by Wells Fargo which scans the checks and creates a deposit record within their website).
- Scans and stores Customer Forms, Vendor Forms and Fixed Asset documents in an organized manner to indexed data storage files.
- Daily posting of electronic Delivery Receipts for invoicing.
- Daily Delivery Receipt indexing in Fortis and distributing invoices.
- Assist AP & AR specialists with entering payables, check distribution, AR receipts.
- Miscellaneous data entry tasks.
- Generates and distributes daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Assists the Human Resources Department by forwarding incoming resumes and distributing application materials to job applicants. Processes resumes/application by indicating a received date on each and sending a post card to the applicant.
- Coordinates over the counter sales and product deliveries and processes customer payments via cash/check or credit card.
- Updates all phone and address lists.
- Creates employee biographies.
- Coordinates and orders group lunches as requested.
- Orders and restocks office and lunch room supplies.
- Maintains petty cash (change, sale of stamps & movie tickets).
- Orders flowers and gifts for customers and employees, as requested/required.
- Coordinates and books hotel and travel reservations.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Arranges for repair and service of copiers and mail machines.
- Regular and reliable attendance.