Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; long and short term disability; paid time off; holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Under the direction of the location Controller and corporate IT Director maintains the location information systems. Provides assistance in the collection, organization, analysis, and distribution of computerized information and reports. Uses good business judgment to make recommendations on computer matters. Effective performance, professionalism, and trust are required to maintain the department’s image.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Assists in the installation and maintenance of system software in the most cost-effective manner and with the least impact to GNC.
- Evaluates information usage and needs. Seeks input on information system needs from managers and employees to increase productivity. Analyzes current operating procedures and identifies problems. Becomes familiar with specific user/system requirements such as forms, data input, data summarization and format for reports.
- Recommends, develops, and implements changes in software, hardware, or computer processing as needed.
- Assists with the development and administration of training programs for all personnel. Programs to include the use of specific computer software (word processing, spreadsheet packages, login and logoff, company programs, etc.) and hardware (printers, computer installs, etc.).
- Responsible for written documentation on system changes, help programs and training manuals.
- Diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems. Recommends or performs minor remedial action to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation. Acts as systems troubleshooter for the location; makes repairs, adjustments, etc. Refers major hardware problems to Corporate IT.
- Assists in developing controls for new or modified computer applications to prevent inaccurate calculations and data loss and to ensure discovery of errors.
- Designs, implements and monitors backups. When backups are not successful, notifies Corporate IT.
- Checks share securities, permissions and verifies user access on a monthly basis.
- Installs, validates and verifies antivirus software.
- Builds, maintains and troubleshoots plant, industrial and office computers.
- Installs and maintains desktop and server operating systems.
- Installs, maintains and monitors the centralized patch management system.
- Maintains detailed documentation and notes on software installs.
- Maintains detailed licensing documentation to maintain data for validation of licensing compliance to ensure audit readiness. Notifies Corporate IT when licensing policies are violated.
- Coordinates adds/changes/moves on the telephone system.
- Maintains internal telephone documentation and inventory list for all computers.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Collaborates with GNC-Corporate IT Team to ensure adherence to standards, security policies, network protocols and best practices.