Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; long and short term disability; paid time off; holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
The Human Resources Manager initiates and leads the Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce through the development of Human Resources policies and programs for Great Northern-CF/Swedesboro. The major areas covered are organizational planning, organizational development, employment, onboarding and training, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and employee services. The Human Resources practices and objectives will provide a balanced program throughout all departments. Implementation will be coordinated through Human Resources staff. Assists and advises management on Human Resources issues, always aligning with the company’s vision, mission, and core values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for Great Northern-CF/Swedesboro that are aligned with Great Northern corporate direction.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Maintains compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations related to employment, labor, benefits, etc.; provides technical expertise and guidance, as appropriate; accessing and utilizing internal and external resources, when necessary. Seeking corporate guidance as appropriate and necessary.
- Protects interests of employees and Great Northern-CF in accordance with Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations. Evaluates recommendations for terminations.
- Assists managers and supervisors in the investigation and resolution of employee issues, concerns and conflicts.
- Directs a process of organizational planning that evaluates structure, job design, and manpower forecasting throughout Great Northern-CF. Coordinates activities across department lines. Evaluates plans and makes changes to plans. Make recommendations to management.
- Creates and updates compensation strategy through market analysis and pay surveys. Establishes wage and salary structure, pay policies, performance appraisal programs, employee benefit programs and services, and health programs that are consistent with corporate direction. Monitors for effectiveness and cost containment.
- Manages talent acquisition process, including sourcing, testing, interviewing, reference checking, hiring and onboarding.
- Keeps job descriptions up-to-date, accurate and compliant with relevant federal, state and local laws for all positions.
- Coordinates the development and administration of employee training programs that address needs across department lines. Provides necessary education and materials to line management and employees – workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports. Assists managers/supervisors with registration of external training programs. Assists with monitoring the training budget.
- Coaches and trains managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them. Makes certain that the managers/supervisors know how to successfully, ethically, honestly, and legally communicate with employees.
- Administers employee benefit plans such as life, health and disability insurance, flexible compensation plan, employee assistance, etc. Also assists with retirement savings plan administration.
- Researches and recommends changes in voluntary benefits that are of value to employees and are cost effective to Great Northern-CF.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out functions of the HR department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Conducts periodic surveys to measure employee satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Utilizes the HCM system to eliminate administrative tasks, empower mangers/supervisors/employees, and meet the other needs of the facility.
- Assists with the annual banquet, United Way campaign, and any other committees that focus on employee engagement, empowerment, and community involvement.
- Assists fulfillment with their temporary staffing needs; assure there are no co-employment issues when working with temporary staffing agencies. Monitors temporary on-site activities with the temporary staffing agency. Participates in an RFP/RFQ process.
- Assures all work related injuries are reported to the Company’s workers compensation carrier for processing.