Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; long and short term disability; paid time off; holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
To closely monitor all aspects of Fulfillment/Logistics operations at both GNC and outside vendor partner locations in accordance with GNC service, quality, accuracy and efficiency standards. This position works closely with the Logistics Manager and other departments to provide the necessary attention to detail and oversight to ensure all facets of the operation meet customer expectations. The scope of the position will encompass all aspects of display production from pre-project meetings/estimates to ensuring projects ship complete to our customer. Clearly understands how orders flow through GNC Chippewa Falls, follows and leads positive change to processes and procedures, and consistently performs the daily operations this position demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Works closely with the Logistics Manager and all other departments necessary to provide solid project management that minimizes cost and maximizes productivity and efficiency.
- Capable of providing direct supervision of all aspects of display production occurring at any location.
- Supervises the fulfillment supervisors. Interviews, hires, orients, trains, coaches, conducts performance appraisals, administers wages, and disciplines employees. Monitors daily activities of fulfillment dept., ensures work is performed timely and accurately. Meets with logistics manager and employees regularly to get their input on ways to improve Company operations. Provides moral support and reinforces team concept while managing for effectiveness.
- Ensures all of GNC’s fulfillment quality processes are followed and assists in monitoring quality continuously.
- Ensures all of GNC’s fulfillment production processes and procedures are followed and assists in monitoring performance and cost expectations continuously.
- Participates in pre-project meetings and other pre-production meetings as necessary to engage and build a thorough knowledge of each project as they progress through our process.
- Provides assistance where necessary to Customer Service in aligning our process to customer expectations.
- Closely monitors all pre-production workflow in relation to parts, miscellaneous parts and purchase orders, transportation plans, and any unique customer expectations.
- Is capable of providing direct, complete, and concise feedback to production personnel regarding deviations from any expectation.
- Is capable of making decisions regarding corrective actions and coordinating appropriate follow through when problems and issues arise.
- Is capable of making concise decisions, and quantifying/communicating them, regarding fulfillment cost when expectations change during production.
- Shares all decisions regarding changes to fulfillment cost with the Logistics Manager and any other Managers who are directly affected by these changes.
- Is completely capable of estimating all costs for any fulfillment project or RFP.
- Understands the expectations regarding the unitizing of parts being transferred to an outside partner and all customer expectations regarding the unitizing and shipping of completed finished goods.
- Understands and is able to address and assist in all aspects of display distribution including Small Package, LTL, and FTL.
- Works closely with warehouse personnel, transportation personnel, and Tax Air to help coordinate all distribution and shuttling efforts regarding WIP parts, display components, and finished goods.
- Capable of communicating tactfully with our customers on the timely and accurate completion of projects should any issues arise during our process.
- Properly updates progress of projects through our process to appropriate internal and external customers as assigned.
- Provides project updates (Tracking, DPMU’s, etc.) and all assigned communication back to customers in a timely manner as assigned.
- Assists in the training and development of personnel assigned as back-ups to the position.
- Freely communicates and is capable of writing needed changes to estimating, fulfillment, and quality process.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Logistics Manager.