Great Northern Corporation, a leading manufacturer of corrugated packaging and display items is seeking an enthusiastic team member to join our team. We are a company committed to your own personal growth and create meaningful roles that challenge and fulfill our employees. Are you someone who is dedicated to providing world class service to our valued customers? If so, we would like you to invite you to review the job opening below for an Assistant Assembly Superintendent.
The Assistant Assembly Superintendent is responsible for working with the Assembly Superintendent to direct and coordinate assembly operations to obtain efficiency within the Fulfillment department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Assist the superintendent with providing day to day work direction and communication of assembly specifications/work instructions, and job orders to employees, and helps assign duties.
- Assists with coordinating assembly activities to ensure on time delivery and cost effective production, along with maintaining the quality of products meets customers’ standards and specifications.
- Assists the superintendent with assembly operations, establishing priorities and schedule.
- Assists in establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Assists in hiring, training and development of staff members as necessary to ensure optimum levels of staffing at all times including temporary staffing.
- Assists with corrective action and/or suggests plans to motivate employees to achieve plant operations goals.
- Assists superintendent with minor machine maintenance such as cleaning of machines.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Will assist in employee development and coaching as needed.
- Assists with arranging training for new employees and cross training for existing employees.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous job-related tasks as may be assigned from time-to-time by a Management Representative.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- College degree plus 2 – 3 years’ supervisory experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills required particularly in oral format.
- Ability to lead and develop employees.
- Ability to delegate responsibility when appropriate.
- Ability to read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, manuals and order specifications.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, clients, customers, and employees.
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefit package including: health and dental insurance, profit sharing, 401(K), paid holidays, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance and more.
If you fit this profile and are ready to take the next steps in a successful and rewarding career with a stable company, apply today!